Monday 13 June 2011

Funny Irish Sayings and Quotes

Often when we are bored or feeling low, reading something funny can lift up our spirits and change our mood all together. Yesterday as I mourned the end of my weekend, one of my friends forwarded me a link of funny Irish sayings and quotes. I happened to browse through the website to find some of the most hilarious sayings and quotes that really had me laughing for quite some time. Having revived my spirits, I went to bed with a smile on my face. Funny sayings or quotes are not only a source of entertainment and laughter but also provide us something to think about. Here is a collection of some funny Irish sayings and quotes, which you might enjoy.

    * You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was.

    * If you're lucky enough to be Irish, then you're lucky enough

    * Who gossips with you will gossip of you

    * There are fish in the sea better than have ever been caught

    * A good laugh and a long sleep are the two best cures

    * But the greatest love - the love above all loves, Even greater than that of a mother - Is the tender, passionate, undying love, Of one beer drunken slob for another"

    * Don't give cherries to pigs or advice to fools

    * Both your friend and your enemy think you will never die."

    * Why should you never iron a 4-leaf clover? You don't want to press your luck.

    * A turkey never voted for an early Christmas.

    * Here's to our wives and girlfriends: May they never meet!

    * The Irish don't know what they want and are prepared to fight to the death to get it

    * A quarrel is like buttermilk: once it's out of the churn, the more you shake it, the more sour it grows.

    * In heaven there is no beer...That's why we drink ours here.

    * God invented whiskey to keep the Irish from ruling the world.

    * Drink is the curse of the land. It makes you fight with your neighbor. It makes you shoot at your landlord and it makes you miss him.

    * Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar, and fat.

    * When I get a very generous introduction like that I explain that I'm emotionally moved, but on the other hand I'm Irish and the Irish are very emotionally moved. My mother is Irish and she cries during beer commercials. ~ Barry McCaffrey

    * I wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for my Mum. I know I've got Irish blood because I wake up everyday with a hangover. ~ Noel Gallagher

    * For every wound, a balm.
      For every sorrow, cheer.
      For every storm, a calm.
      For every thirst, a beer

    * When we drink, we get drunk. When we get drunk, we fall asleep. When we fall asleep, we commit no sin. When we commit no sin, we go to Heaven. So, let's all get drunk and go to heaven.

    * The Irish gave the bagpipes to the Scotts as a joke, but the Scotts haven't seen the joke yet. ~ Oliver Herford

    * I can resist everything except temptation. ~ Oscar Wilde

No comments:

Post a Comment